First dates are full of possibilities and your first impression can either open those for you or shut the door right on your face. Evidently, the way you talk, begin and respond to a conversation matters a great deal to the other person.
1. Because people love talking about their pets.
2. Which book/movie do you relate to the most? For me it would be Aisha from Wake Up SId, what about you?
3. If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? This brings up their travel escapades and you get to know them.
4. If you have the entire day to yourself, with no agendas, what do you do? This will tell you if they are the loner types or the let's party and go crazy kinds!!
5. What is the craziest thing you've ever done (and are proud of)? Get to know the crazy them!
6. One thing that you are hopelessly addicted to? Addictions are not always bad. It could be their work or may be music.
7. Have you always wanted to do what you're doing right now? You'll find out if they are anywhere near to their personal goals.
Break the ice with any of the above questions. This way, not only will you be able to open a dialogue but you'll also get to know them better.