Yoga is an ancient healthcare system designed to heal ailments and to help a human live life in the most holistic way possible. Yoga is not a religion, it is a science of internal wellbeing. Yoga connects the body, mind, and soul and forms a ladder that takes us towards the divinity that resides within each one of us. Practicing yoga-asana, pranayama, and meditation, we gain an in-depth knowledge of the Self; with it, we acquire awareness about our body and its needs. This awareness is important for a meaningful living.
To gain inner-peace and calmness of the mind it is important to be physically fit and healthy. With the practice of yoga, optimum physical health and fitness can be attained. The physical benefits of yoga are countless including:
· Yoga helps to relieve back pain and other body aches
· Makes you more flexible
· Increases mobility and reduces joint pain
· Reduces a headache and treats a migraine
· Improves body balance and posture
· Promotes a healthy digestion and longevity
· Prevents heart, liver, and respiratory conditions
· Prevents diabetes and arthritis
· Reduces the signs of premature aging
· Takes care of your skin, body, and hair
· Helps in reducing and managing a healthy weight
Mental Health Benefits Of Yoga
Not only the body, there are many mental health benefits of doing yoga. For the complete body health, the wellbeing of our mind is also required. Mental condition is not about being a maniac; this condition starts at a low key and if not treated, creates a life havoc.
· Treats insomnia, sleep deprivation, and sleep apnea
· Improves concentration, focus, and memory
· Gives mental clarity and brings attention
· Stabilizes the emotions and feelings that lead to serious mental illness
· Calms the mind and makes us more positive
Spiritual Benefits Of Yoga
Yoga is the path to spiritual awakening; the spiritual benefits of practicing yoga are centered around gaining a deeper understanding and affection of the Self and for the Self. Yoga promotes the openness of the soul, cultivates awareness, and leads towards the unification of the soul and universal consciousness. It helps us control our senses and drives our attention towards the divine.
There are many types of yoga you can choose from and start practicing as per the inclination for Yoga is the ideal way to cultivate wholesome health and vitality.